Dear Valued Customers:
We recently began receiving inquiries about our efforts to manage Coronavirus and wanted to update our partners and customers regarding this pressing matter.
We are monitoring this evolving situation and taking immediate action to limit exposure and spread of this growing threat. Below is a summary of the actions we are taking and what impact, if any, you can expect to your service from us:
Travel Restrictions: We have canceled all discretionary work-related travel and are using our new Zoom video conferencing technology to facilitate meetings;
• Johnson Associates and Locations: We have asked our associates, drivers, and crew members to communicate with us immediately if they come down with Coronavirus or come in direct contact with anyone who has tested positive for the virus. Currently, we have no reported cases among our employees, contractors, or offices;
• Daily Crew Member Screening: We have acquired topical thermometers to take each crew member’s temperature before they are dispatched on any household goods or commercial moves. Any crew member running a fever will not be dispatched and will be sent home for self-quarantine;
• Truck Sanitation: We have begun sanitizing all our local trucks before each job. This includes the cab along with the box attached to the chassis. This procedure, while cumbersome, will help ensure that truck surfaces are devoid of the virus;
Sanitizers and Wipes: We are equipping all trucks, crew lounges, and offices with an ample supply of hand-sanitizers and anti-septic wipes to disinfect hands and surfaces;
• CDC Guidelines: We have embraced and published the CDC Guidelines for avoiding COVID-19 (attached), including proper handwashing, avoidance of handshakes and hand-over-mouth coughs and sneezes, and maintaining personal space;
• Optional Work from Home: We are allowing employees to work from home as needed if they are ill and/or are part of a high-risk population for contracting the virus;
• Local Site Guidelines: In situations where our employees are working on-site at a client location, we are fully complying with any and all local site guidelines put in place to mitigate risks;
• Supply Chain: We have stocked-up on packing material and moving pads to ensure adequate supply in the event of a supply chain disruption, which we have not experienced to date; and
• Business Continuity Plan: We have created a business continuity plan, featuring remote workers and offices coupled with redundant IT solutions and other measures.
In short, we have planned for and implemented procedures to mitigate risk and avoid service disruptions while staying safe. We remain vigilant about this pressing matter and will be happy to answer any questions that you or your employees may have. Thank you as always for your business and stay well!
Very truly yours,
President & Chief Operating Officer
Leave a Reply